My name is Dan Cosley and NWPGL is my teaching studio. I'm a guitarist, composer, and dedicated teacher. I strive to create a welcoming and fun learning environment, that fosters versatile, and creatively-fulfilled musicians.
Instruction in classical, acoustic and electric guitar, bass, piano, improvisation, music theory, composition, songwriting, and arranging.
All ages and levels welcome!
performance videos (Click here)
My lessons are relaxed and fun, but focused. You’ll learn about technique and theory, but always in relation to songs and pieces by your favorite musicians; the emphasis will be on learning to play by playing.
- Currently Adjunct Professor of Music at Marylhurst University.
- Currently an instructor of classical and jazz guitar at Portland Community College.
- Master's degree in guitar performance and composition, teaching assistantships in guitar, jazz, and music history. University of Denver.
- Over 15 years of professional teaching experience, including university positions.
- Worked in Tokyo, Japan for 5 years as a professional guitarist, composer, and teacher.
- Performances as a classical and electric guitarist in Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- First foreign-born guitarist elected to the Japan Guitar Ensemble Association's board of directors.
- Published composer and arranger. Various compositions and arrangements available through Canadian publisher Les Productions d'OZ and Japanese publisher Gendai Guitar.
Click here for a more complete bio.