Greetings. My name is Dan Cosley. I'm a guitarist, composer, and dedicated teacher. My aim is to help people become creatively-fulfilled musicians. I focus on modeling good practice habits and creating a relaxed atmosphere for learning and experimentation. Explore classical, acoustic, and electric guitar, bass, improvisation, music theory, composition, songwriting, and arranging.
performance videos on YouTube (Click here)
My lessons are fun and relaxed, but focused. You’ll learn about technique and theory, but always in relation to songs or pieces by your favorite musicians; the emphasis will be on learning to play by playing.
- Professor of Music at Marylhurst University.
- Instructor of classical and jazz guitar at Portland Community College.
- Master's degree in guitar performance and composition, teaching assistantships in guitar, jazz, and music history. University of Denver.
- Over 15 years of teaching experience, including university positions.
- Worked in Tokyo, Japan for 5 years as a guitarist, composer, and teacher.
- Performances as a classical and electric guitarist in Europe, Asia, and the United States.
- First foreign-born guitarist elected to the Japan Guitar Ensemble Association's board of directors.
- Published composer and arranger. Compositions and arrangements by Canadian publisher Les Productions d'OZ and Japanese publisher Gendai Guitar.
Click here for a more complete bio.